Contributors

No_Holds_Bard Headline Animator

Where my visitors are.

Dynamic Tags by wowzio

Poems by Scientists - Poems on Science - Books

Friday 16 May 2008

Poem by Hugh MacDiarmid - English with French Translation - Learn French

Hugh MacDiarmid Translated
Short verse by BigMac.
Bilingual Poem English-French.

LE BON BOUT DU BATON.

(The right end of the stick by H. Macdiarmid, Ed Penguin 1985, Vol.1)
Je pense que vous tenez tous le bâton par le bon bout,
Mon ami Chrétien ou païen, extraverti ou introverti,
Mon ami mort, vivant ou à naître-le problème
Est que tous vos bâtons n’ont qu’un seul bout.

« Point Defect » -Traduction par J.A.

Copyright@JA.Exceptions?: cf post scriptum.

The right end of the stick.

I think you’ve all got the right end of the stick,
My Christian or Pagan, extrovert or introvert friend,
My dead friend, my live, my unborn- but the trouble
Is just that all your sticks have only one end.

H. MacDiarmid (Ed. Penguin 1985).
J.A. (9/06/2000)*Exceptions?: cf. Footnote.*
ANSWER to question on Sticks - Le(s) Baton(s)*
Possible Exceptions-
"La baguette de pain" hors inflation
French bread-"baguette"
&
The Chef d'Orchestres' Baton

No comments:

My Blog List-Science and Fun

Peoms by Scientists-Poems on Science